On Sunday we have a powerful Full Moon in Gemini, which also happens to be a Super Moon, making this moon cycle even more potent. As we mentioned in our last post, New Moons are a time to manifest/call in what we want. On the other hand, full moons are a cosmic opportunity to to let go of whatever is holding us back, whatever is no longer serving us, whatever is preventing us from feeling our absolute best.
Just as it shines brightly in the sky illuminating everything in the night, the time around the Full Moon illuminates everything that is not working in our lives. We might feel a little more emotional than usual. Instead of letting the waves of emotions take over, we can our emotions as a navigational tool to see what triggers us in our lives and how we can change it. Remember, the best way to move through life is to ACT, not REACT. If we can find the places that causes us to react strongly, which are often amplified during the Full Moon, we can start to map out ways to change it and in turn, change our lives, step-by-step.
Here is a mini-ritual to do during this Full Moon to begin to let go of what’s not working so you can call in more empowering experiences rather than situations that cause you to leak energy and feel drained. All you need is a pen, 6 pieces of paper (doesn’t have to be as big as computer paper, notebook size paper is great), palo santo or sage, and a candle.
- Light Palo Santo or Sage to purify yourself and the space, to ground you into the ritual you are about to perform.
- This Super Moon in Gemini is all about connecting you to who you REALLY are: the person without fears, without doubts, without blocks. Take inventory in your life of the top three areas where you feel blocked and the situations that make you feel most emotional. Write these three situations down, each on a separate piece of paper, as if you are telling your best friend the scenario. Get it all out. Feel it all so you can let it go.
- Now it’s time to rewrite your story. On a new piece for each story, write down a new version of the situation. Your empowered version. Write it in the present tense as if it’s already happened. For example, if your first part is I feel blocked around money, I’m always afraid I’ll never have enough, etc. Your new version would be “I feel so empowered financially. I make more than enough money to feel financially secure and abundant. I am….” Go crazy. Write the most empowered, vibrant version of this scenario.
- Once you’re finished, take the old versions and burn them (SAFELY!!! - or rip them up and flush them down the toilet). Watch it dissolve. Feel absolutely clear and ready to trust that you can let go and move forward into your power.
- Finally, take the three new versions of the story and post them to your wall. Read them every single day for the next two weeks. Close your eyes and feel them growing and growing inside of you. Vibrate with the essence of this new situation until you absolutely feel it in every single part of you.
If you need more guidance into feeling your absolute clearest and most empowered, we highly suggest the book called The Desire Map by Danielle LaPorte. It will help you get clear with your desires. When we are not clear with what we want, we don’t live our most empowered lives. Starting a new, inspirational book on the Full Moon is a great way to make sure you stay inspired to let go of what’s not working and continue stepping into your personal, magnificent power.
Image: Robert Mapplethorpe, Orchids, 1988