Today on January 16th we have our first new moon of the year! A New Moon is the end of one cycle and the beginning of a new cycle, making it the perfect time to plant seeds for what you want to see manifest. This New Moon is even more powerful as it coincides with the fresh energy of a brand new year. The intentions and goals we set now can set the tone for the next 12 months. Let the energy of this new year and New Moon inspire you to make the changes you’ve been wanting to make, turning over a new leaf by letting go of old habits, behaviors, and beliefs that have held you back in the past.
With the New Moon being in the sign of Capricorn, we have the added benefits of ambition, determination, and wisdom, meaning that we can set practical goals with this Capricorn energy rather than unrealistic resolutions. Planning and goal setting is the powerful energy behind Capricorns so this New Moon invites us to really take the time to figure out what we want. How we want to feel in our relationships, jobs, homes, friendships, and figure out what it will take to create that feeling in our lives. We can use meditation to go within and visualize the life we want to live and what we want to see happen this year and intelligently create a plan of action that will help us get there, step-by-step.
One of our favorite books for getting grounded clarity on how to set goals for your 2018 dreams is The School of Greatness by Lewis Howes. Lewis has done such an amazing job of putting together a formula that is not only easy to follow when it comes to setting goals, but extremely inspiring making it feel like any dream that we want to see manifest this year, and beyond, is absolutely doable.
NEW MOON RITUAL:
Take some time on the evening of the New Moon to think about all the things you want to manifest for this year. Meditation is a great way to get clear and visualize all the things you really want rather than the things you think you want.
- Light some sage or palo santo to purify the space and yourself to make this process even more sacred.
- Find a comfortable seat.
- Begin breathing long and deep, feeling as though your entire body is relaxing and settling into a powerful space of your Higher Self being able to show you want you want.
- Begin thinking about what it is that you desire. See it clearly, feel it.
- Hold onto the feeling as long as possible…see your desires as clearly as if you are replaying a memory.
- Magnify the vision and feelings of what you want while keeping the breath long and deep.
- Stay connected to this space of your dreams for as long as possible (10 minutes is a great starting point)
- To end, inhale deeply and thank your Higher Self and the Universe for showing you what you want.
- After you come out of your meditation, write down everything that came to mind as clearly as possible in the present tense. (For example, I make X amount of dollars per year. Money comes easily to me.)
- Over the next few days or weeks, read The School of Greatness to help create an action plan to make these dreams a reality!