J O B S
Creative Content Marketing Manager
Founded by Julia Wills and Alex Kummerow in 2011 in their Seattle Kitchen, Herbivore is a line of truly 100% natural skin care products. With intoxicating scents and luxurious textures, our products are about bringing joy to daily routines, along with tangible results you can see and feel.
We are looking for a Creative Content Marketing Manager that has a passion for the brand and is deeply interested in natural, non-toxic skin care and all that it stands for. You must be optimistic, independent and have the skills required to engage Herbivores customer base by creating and executing “on-brand” engaging and thoughtful marketing campaigns. It is essential that you understand, embrace and embody the unique culture of Herbivore — open-minded, diverse, positive, progressive, and authentic. A strong knowledge of natural skin care and wellness is a must. An interest in crystals, yoga, mystical pursuits and the like is a bonus.
- Develop creative marketing campaigns (including email, blog, social media, PR and more) and own execution from start to finish while working alongside the in-house team and creative agencies
- Create engaging content through copywriting and managing/directing our copywriting team
- Experiment with a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels – content creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, publicity, social media, copywriting, performance analysis, and much more
- Build strategic relationships and partner with agencies, influencers and retailers
- Support and manage events such as Pop-Ins, Shows, Exhibitions along with other team members
- Be in charge of marketing budget and allocate/invest funds wisely
- Measure and report performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals
- Manage a team of employees and delegate work appropriately
- Must be a leader, able to head department while working in harmony alongside other department leaders
- Have a passion for natural beauty with a strong knowledge of natural ingredients and skin care ingredients overall
- Strong creative copywriting and editing skills
- Up-to-date with the latest beauty trends
- BS degree in marketing or equivalent experience
- 2 years + experience in a related field or relevant job experience (marketing, education, etc.)
- Demonstrable experience in marketing, together with the potential and attitude required to learn
- Experience working with a small/rapidly growing business is a huge plus
- Proven experience in identifying target audiences and in creatively devising and leading across channels marketing campaigns that engage, educate and motivate
- Solid knowledge of SEO and website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics)
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, and Instagram campaigns. All other social media knowledge a plus.
- Must have strong grasp of Herbivore’s current visual aesthetic and ability to seamlessly create campaigns utilizing this same aesthetic
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to create structure for one’s self while still listening to direction from others
- Excels working both as a team and autonomously
- Enjoys a fast-paced, ever changing and growing work environment
- Skilled in diffusing elevated situations with calm, poise and compassion
- Quickly learns and puts into action new technologies and ideas
- Familiar with G Suite, Microsoft Suite and Adobe Suite
- Willingness to flex into different roles and a desire to grow within the company
- Position is based in Seattle, WA. Must be willing to relocate.
How to Apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In cover letter, write about why you want to work for a natural beauty company, what excites you about marketing and please attach any relevant work and/or portfolio.